It’s amazing and exciting…
But even though the baby bump is pretty cute and the nausea has subsided a little bit... now you’re in a whole new territory of unknowns and things to worry about.
What is actually happening with my body!?
Is “this” normal?
Is my baby ok?
Am I going to be ok?
What’s going to happen to my relationship with my partner?
Do I have everything I need to raise this kid?
Am I someone who can even raise a kid?
How on earth is this baby going to get from inside my body… to outside my body?
Is it going to be so painful? How will I handle the pain?
What if something goes wrong in labor and I can’t have the birth I really want?
What about Covid - will my baby and I be safe? Will we be able to see our family/loved ones? Will we be all alone? Will I be all alone?
Please know that you are one of an incredibly long line of women who have asked herself the same or variations of the same questions.
The thing is, these questions have a VERY SMALL window of being useful.
In fact, most of the time, they just end up spinning you into a tizzy and keeping you up at night (just like the frequent rounds of having to go to the bathroom as your bladder gets pushed by your growing babe). But...
Your mind and thoughts didn’t get the memo and don’t understand that when it comes to pregnancy and labor/delivery, it’s your body that knows best.
As a mind/body therapist and yoga and mindfulness teacher, I’ve been on a journey of learning how to tune into my body for a long time.
But the truth is; pregnancy was the most significant invitation and push to not only tune into my body, but to listen to it’s messages and actually take care of myself.
Pregnancy is the only thing that made me put my fork down in the middle of a meal. In the past, I’d regularly eat past fullness… and frankly didn’t even know what full felt like.. Until I was pregnant and my body said a very clear - NO THANKS. I’M DONE.
It gave me permission to rest, because there was no other option. When I was pregnant, I had no choice. My body said you need to lie down RIGHT NOW and for the first time, I listened. The message was loud and clear.
THIS is the invitation from your pregnancy: your body isn’t only sending you significant messages — now it’s the driver
There’s a better way through your first experience of pregnancy, labor and delivery.
I’m here to help you listen to and navigate your body’s invitation to listen.
I’m here to help you shift your relationship to your mind and anxious thoughts so that they don’t keep you up more than you already are.
I’m here to help you learn about how self-compassion is a science-backed power tool, and more importantly - how you can access it when it matters most
And I’m here to help you come into labor & delivery, and parenthood feeling at ease and confident
Introducing Mindful Pregnancy & Birth for New Moms
A 4-part mini-series to build the tools and awareness to work with your mind AND body so you can feel at peace going into your birth as a new Mom
By the end of this mini-series you will . . .
Have a new understanding and trust of your mind body connection
Feel mentally and emotionally prepared going into Labor and Delivery
Have foundational mindfulness tools that will serve you from pregnancy through parenthood
Feel at peace in the midst of a lot of unknowns
"I was vaguely familiar with mindfulness practice, but Sarah helped me to strengthen the connection between mindfulness practice and my everyday life. There was no pressure or promises of immediate happiness or peace, but there were tangible everyday strategies, science based information about the way our brains work (science nerd here, I loved it), and most importantly gentle encouragement and compassion. It’s just the start of my journey, and I’m grateful, especially now to have the resources and connection Sarah’s community provides."
Here's what you get inside
As soon as you purchase, you’ll receive instant access to the trainings and practices that will equip you with everything you need to feel confident and calm about your first pregnancy and birth experience.
Foundations of Mindfulness
- Identify why you're here and what you're seeking for your first pregnancy and birth so you can ground yourself in an intentional way
- Understand the foundations of mindfulness - what it is/isn’t, how to practice it and why it’s such an important and helpful practice for expecting moms
- Get a rundown on your brain and learn skills to work with it
Being Human - An Introduction to MOMsight
- Learn the basics of what it means to be human (that were most likely never taught to you!) and are fundamental for harnessing the power of mindfulness in your pregnancy and beyond
- Discover and implement my most powerful tool as a therapist and yoga/mindfulness teacher - it's one that I use personally and teach to all my clients
- Learn the science behind why self-compassion is hands-down a super power in pregnancy, birth & motherhood. And most importantly, learn how to practice it and bring it with you into your journey as a new mom
Mind & Body Tools for Pregnancy, Labor & Delivery
- Learn easily accessible mind and body tools that you can begin using right away and that will help you build confidence coming into one of the biggest unknowns of your life
- Come to personally understand the power and healing of self-massage using Yoga Tune Up© Therapy Balls (or suggested alternatives)
Prefrontal Cortex Prep & Practices
- Learn how to use your new mind and body tools to prepare for your labor
- Gain confidence in actively preparing your body AND mind to handle whatever comes your way in labor and delivery
- Learn that how you show up to your birth is one of the most important ingredients of having the peaceful, empowered, [insert word that resonates for YOU here] birth experience
Guided mindfulness meditations, self-massage sequences & self-compassion practices
- Gain access to a range of mindfulness meditations, self-massage sequences using Yoga Tune Up© Therapy Balls and self-compassion practices
- Revisit these practices over and over again, including after your baby is born when they’re just as relevant and helpful!
"Since meeting Sarah I have been in awe of her natural ability to get others to let go and encourage others to let go with her (no one can dance on camera like Sarah!). Sarah's genuine and caring approach helped me shift my mindset that self care had to be a large chunk of time and realize even a moment of deep breathing could change my day. Along with Sarah, I looked forward to hearing from other mom's I could relate to and nod along with as we each shared our struggles. The sense of community, even when virtual, felt very real and much needed. Sarah is a truly gifted teacher!"
If you’re new to online programs, here’s what to expect as soon you purchase Mindful Pregnancy & Birth for New Moms:
you’ll get an email granting you instant and lifetime access to the content — watch as many times as you like and receive any updates or new practices added in the future.
You can complete the modules at your own pace on your own time. Videos are intentionally short/snack size so that you can digest them easily in small bites.
This series has specific information and tools that will be most helpful to you as a first time mom
The Mindful Pregnancy and Birth Series has been designed specifically with your first-time mom experience in mind.
Develop new awareness of the mental traps that can lead you down unhelpful roads
Learn how to practically develop your self-compassion to meet yourself at any moment
Learn how to take care of yourself using your mind-body connection to nourish yourself in any moment
One of the practical tools to bring this to life is self-massage using Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls©
Here are a few key reasons why Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls© are my favorite self-care tool and why I can’t wait for them to be yours too.
Self-massage with Yoga Tune Up Therapy balls© helps you:
- insource vs outsource self-care and healing
- work into the tension and stress in your body, to not only to relax your body, but to relax your mind
- get to know your body in a way you never have before, and more importantly learn how to tune in, listen and shift your dialogue and relationship with your body from one that might be critical or distant to one that is accepting and kind
Talking about the benefits is easy, the only way to fully “get” their amazingness is to get rolling!
While I highly recommend investing in these miraculous tools, you can always work with a tennis ball or alternative options covered in the program! Regardless of the specific tool, my goal is for you to integrate self-massage seamlessly into the smallest pockets of time throughout your day.