You’re pregnant again!
You know what it's like to hold your baby in your arms after they've been hibernating inside you for so long.
You know what labor felt like.
You know the feeling of brining your baby home for the first time.
Yet... you crave some things to be different this time around.
- The way you felt during pregnancy
- The delivery itself
- The moments right after your baby is born
But as a veteran mom, you’ve learned first-hand that there’s parts of your birth that aren’t in your control, and your baby has their own birth plan.
You don’t want to compare or worry, but it’s SO hard not to.
- What if I have the same struggles I had with my first labor & delivery?
- What if something goes wrong this time?
- What if I can’t have the birth I so desperately know I want this time around?
- What if I ruin my family by having another kid?
How can I possibly love this kid as much as I love my first?
- If I choose to have another c-section, am I taking the easy way out/will people judge me?
- Will this kid be as good of/as bad of a sleeper/feeder as my first/second/etc?
- How am I going to survive another postpartum period - will I be as anxious/overwhelmed/depressed?
- What’s going to happen to my body with this pregnancy?
If you find any of the above hitting home, I want you to know:
You’re not alone
So many moms are dealing with these same questions and worries.
Because, let’s face it — experiencing pregnancy and birth leads to a LOT of thoughts and feelings, many of which are quite overwhelming and can linger with us for a long time.
One thing that can be different this time is your awareness of the powerful role your mind and thoughts play
You can learn new tools and techniques to stay present with your body and second/third/fourth baby’s unique journey.
You can have the amazing experience that you so crave… regardless of what may not go your way!
You can learn how to partner with your body as a friend and ally on this journey of pregnancy and motherhood, even though your history/recent experiences may pull you into thinking otherwise.
And it doesn’t take a masters degree or brain transplant to make this your reality in time for your next birth.
I’ve created this online series that teaches you an efficient way to get there, even if you have your hands full with younger children.
Introducing Mindful Pregnancy & Birth for Veteran Moms
A 4-week series with live group coaching to provide you with mind/body tools and awareness so you can feel at peace going into your next birth as a veteran Mom
This series will give you the tools for you to have the birth/labor/delivery you WANT without changing the birth/delivery you had or are going to have.
By the end of this mini-series you will . . .
Have a new understanding and trust of your mind body connection
Feel mentally and emotionally prepared going into Labor and Delivery again, regardless of what unfolded in your last birth(s)
Have foundational mindfulness tools that will serve you from pregnancy through parenthood
Feel at peace in the midst of a lot of unknowns
"I loved taking this course with Sarah – a nice mix of high-level philosophy and data-driven concepts for my 'scientist brain' to chew on, along with concrete, practical examples and tips/tricks that I’ve found are easy to utilize in my day-to-day life."
Here's what you get inside
As soon as you sign up, you'll receive instant access to the trainings and practices that will equip you with everything you need to feel confident and calm about your this pregnancy and birth experience.
Over the 4 week series, you'll receive:
Education: 4x Training Modules that you can access via an app on your phone or computer. These videos are intentionally short for on the go consumption!
Tools and Practices: Each Module has accompanying workbooks, tools and practices that you can revisit to help you integrate what you're learning and take care of your mind & body as you prepare for your birth.
Foundations of Mindfulness
- Identify why you're here and what you're seeking for your next birth so you can ground yourself in an intentional way
- Understand the foundations of mindfulness - what it is/isn’t, how to practice it and why it’s such an important and helpful practice for veteran moms
- Get a rundown on your brain and learn skills to work with it
Being Human - An Introduction to MOMsight
- Learn the basics of what it means to be human (that were most likely never taught to you!) and are fundamental for harnessing the power of mindfulness in your pregnancy and beyond
- Discover and implement my most powerful tool as a therapist and yoga/mindfulness teacher - it's one that I use personally and teach to all my clients
- Learn the science behind why self-compassion is hands-down a super power in pregnancy, birth & motherhood. And most importantly, learn how to practice it and bring it with you into your journey as a veteran mom
Mind & Body Tools for Pregnancy, Labor & Delivery
- Learn easily accessible mind and body tools that you can begin using right away and that will help you build confidence coming into one of the biggest unknowns of your life
- Come to personally understand the power and healing of self-massage using Yoga Tune Up© Therapy Balls (or suggested alternatives)
Prefrontal Cortex Prep & Practices
- Learn how to use your new mind and body tools to prepare for your labor
- Gain confidence in actively preparing your body AND mind to handle whatever comes your way in labor and delivery
- Learn that it is possible to come into this birth without the baggage of your last one, in order to have the peaceful, empowered birth experience you crave
Guided mindfulness meditations, self-massage sequences & self-compassion practices
- Gain access to a range of mindfulness meditations, self-massage sequences using Yoga Tune Up© Therapy Balls and self-compassion practices
- Revisit these practices over and over again, including after your baby is born when they’re just as relevant and helpful!
"I was vaguely familiar with mindfulness practice, but Sarah helped me to strengthen the connection between mindfulness practice and my everyday life. There was no pressure or promises of immediate happiness or peace, but there were tangible everyday strategies, science based information about the way our brains work (science nerd here, I loved it), and most importantly gentle encouragement and compassion. It’s just the start of my journey, and I’m grateful, especially now to have the resources and connection Sarah’s community provides."
If you’re new to online programs, here’s what to expect as soon you purchase Mindful Pregnancy & Birth for Veteran Moms:
you’ll get an email granting you instant and lifetime access to the content — watch as many times as you like and receive any updates or new practices added in the future.
You can complete the modules at your own pace on your own time. Videos are intentionally short/snack size so that you can digest them easily in small bites.
This series has specific information and tools that will be most helpful to you as a veteran mom
The Mindful Pregnancy and Birth Series has been designed specifically with your veteran mom experience in mind.
As a working mom of 2, I have intentionally created this program to accommodate moms with toddlers/young children running around.
All videos and integration practices are “bite size” (5 - 15 min) so you can watch them in the same amount of time as a Daniel Tiger/Doc McStuffins/Peppa Pig/Whatever the current show obsession is...and even have a few extra minutes to spare for whatever else you want to do!
And/or - you can listen to them on the go with the (free) app.
You’ll also learn how to integrate and practice mindfulness and self-compassion strategies throughout your day and WITH your kids.
One of the practical tools to bring this to life is self-massage using Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls©
Here are a few key reasons why Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls© are my favorite self-care tool and why I can’t wait for them to be yours too.
Self-massage with Yoga Tune Up Therapy balls© helps you:
- insource vs outsource self-care and healing
- work into the tension and stress in your body, to not only to relax your body, but to relax your mind
- get to know your body in a way you never have before, and more importantly learn how to tune in, listen and shift your dialogue and relationship with your body from one that might be critical or distant to one that is accepting and kind
Talking about the benefits is easy, the only way to fully “get” their amazingness is to get rolling!
While I highly recommend investing in these miraculous tools, you can always work with a tennis ball or alternative options covered in the program! Regardless of the specific tool, my goal is for you to integrate self-massage seamlessly into the smallest pockets of time throughout your day.
"Since meeting Sarah I have been in awe of her natural ability to get others to let go and encourage others to let go with her (no one can dance on camera like Sarah!). Sarah's genuine and caring approach helped me shift my mindset that self care had to be a large chunk of time and realize even a moment of deep breathing could change my day. Along with Sarah, I looked forward to hearing from other mom's I could relate to and nod along with as we each shared our struggles. The sense of community, even when virtual, felt very real and much needed. Sarah is a truly gifted teacher!"